Tuesday 13 November 2012

This apparently a day of self reflection

Or re-evaluation. Woke up this morning with a call from my mom to check her laundry. I was not ready to get up bit I was surprised with how late it was. I then proceeded to do what I do first thing every other Tuesday; check my account for money. I was confused at first as to why there was no increase only to remember that Remembrance Day, which was on Sunday which also meant the next business day was a bank holiday. Delays...so that set all my financial to-dos back by a day.

I watched The View (there's really not much to watch at 11a during the wee). They had Rachel Ray who's perkiness I find almost disturbing but I want to get her book. Her and her husband did this cookbook with a different meal for everyday of the year. Kinda reminded me of the movie Julie & Julia. Let it be known, I really don't cook much in my house. You'd be lucky if I make a family meal once a month. It's not that I don't know how but I am lazy about some things (my family would probably say most things). Also my house is kinda weird in the fact that everyone buys their own food. I'm generally unsure as to what works for communal food and what is not. Anywho, I want to start cooking more; at least once week. We'll see how well the follow through goes. Wednesdays will eventually be the cooking day.

On another note, I was watching E!Talk again and they showed this Banana Republic Sweater with a lace design, absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could buy it. Unfortunately, I am not making Banana Republic money and I saw the cost of $110. So of course my mind starts asking 'Is it possible to knit a similar cardigan?' It definitely contains colour work and lace work but I haven't quite figure out how and I don't want it to be a double layer cardigan. I definitely want to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment