Wednesday 31 July 2013

To alter or not to alter

Before I went to bed last night, I tried in the Shapely Boyfriend cardigan. I think I already want to do an alteration.

I am short; only 5'1 1/2", if I stretch it. As the cardigan stands now, with only 4 rows past the hip shaping and without the ribbing, is just at my hips. Imagine if I go the next 21 rows as recommend in the pattern and still do the 10 rows of ribbing...that would be almost past my thighs and I don't think I should rock that look. I know the concept is supposed to be like your boyfriend's sweater but I don't think I want it that long on me.

I was going to ask for suggestions but it couldn't even wait until I posted (I originally typed this up just after midnight on Wednesday) before I made up my mind. I'll just add a few more rows and go into the ribbing and do the 3/4 sleeves. I'll end up pushing the sleeves to my forearms anyways.

I got my yarn for August/September months! It's by MissBabs in an exclusive colourway called Inkwell. It is beautiful and it would have been a perfect colour for the Spocks. 

(This picture doesn't do the yarn justice. It's much bluer in real life)

While this is all fine and good, I still have not finished Spock Socks and haven't even made it past the cuff for the Tiberius. I think I'm at the very least, I'm going to finish the Spock Socks before I even consider starting any other socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment