Thursday 3 October 2013

Maybe a Large?

I somehow got myself thoroughly confused while knitting the Earth & Sky shawl. I am about 5 rows away from finishing a small size version which is cute and all but I'm looking at the yarn I have left over in the box.


I'm still going to have a lot of yarn left over if I just do the medium, much less a small. If I do make a medium, I am sure to have enough yarn left over to make a pair of short socks with the Inkwell yarn.

I'm already rethinking what I just rethought...

MEDIUM SHAWL = enough inkwell yarn to make short socks

LARGE SHAWL = enough inkwell yarn to make a few squares on the sock Blankie.

I just need another skein of this yarn.

An hour later, after analyzing other Earth & Sky shawls on Ravelry...
think a small might be enough. I wanted it to be enough to go around my neck, just a bit bigger than a kerchief. I also forgot about how much bigger it will be when I block it (still figuring how to do that without any blocking mats or money to get any). I guess this shawl will be finished much quicker than anticipated and that's not a bad thing.

SMALL SHAWL = a pair of short socks + many squares for the Blankie

2 comments:

  1. LOL Your posts on this shawl make me giggle. I'm glad I'm not the only one with these sorts of "issues". :) I'm tempted to take my leftovers from all the Cookie A socks and making one "pair" of socks (that totally won't match.) Haven't quite decided if I'm going to do that or not especially since I have more of some than of others (way more of the Kirk yarn than the E Pluribus Nom Nom Nom for example).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that actually sounds like a good way to remember your sock knitting year for 2013. I'm still going with the Blankie though.

      Delete